Born in São José do Rio Preto, São Paulo, Vera Márcia Paráboli Silva Vidigal Milanesi holds:
- a Bachelor's Degree in Letters;
- a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology;
- a Postgraduate Degree in Psychodrama from the IRP (Riopreto Psychodrama Institute)
- a Master's Degree in Brazilian Literature from the São Paulo State University (UNESP);
- a Ph.D. in Brazilian Literature from the São Paulo State University (UNESP);
- a Postdoctoral degree from the University of São Paulo (USP).
Though initially accepted in Medical School at the University of São Paulo (USP), Vera suspended her registration in her 3rd year to devote herself to literature in response to her strong attraction of letters. As a child, she composed and entertained her family with her poems and prose. Consequently, she entered the College of Letters at the São Paulo State University (UNESP).
To date, she has won several literary contests:
- The Students Literary Contest (1969; sponsored by 'O globo' newspaper and the 'Ateneo' bookshop)
- Mothers' Day Contest (1990; sponsored by 'Diário da Região' newspaper in the city of São José do Rio Preto)
- Northern SP State Contest (1991; sponsored by 'Folha de São Paulo' newspaper)
- VI, V and VI Moutonée Poetry Award (1994, 1995, 1996; in the town of Salto/SP).
- Erikie Satie Poetry Contest (1995 and 1996, in the city of Rio de Janeiro).
- 'Taba Cultural' National Chronicles Contest (1999, in the city of Rio de Janeiro).
- Nósside International Contest (2008 in Italy): contest sanctioned by UNESCO.
In November, 2008, Ms. Milanesi was one of the four world winners at the highly regarded Nósside Award, a Unesco-sponsored contest. This global poetry contest, the only of its kind, with 40 participating countries in 29 languages, is celebrated in Rome, Reggio Calabria and Messina. Ms. Milanesi represented Brazil with her poem: 'Bandeira Brasileira' [Brazilian Flag].
Similarly, Ms. Milanesi has presented several papers in congresses, seminars and symposia. She has also published a great number of scientific papers in Literary and Psychological journals.
During her Masters' at the São Paulo State University, she wrote a sociological analysis of the Minas Gerais novelist, Cyro dos Anjos, subsequently published as a literary criticism book. During her Ph.D. at the São Paulo State University, she studied the poetic chronicles of Rubem Braga. In her post doctorate at the University of São Paulo, she wrote on Chico Buarque’s images of the feminine.
- Cyro dos Anjos, história e memória [Cyro dos Anjos, history and memory]; São Paulo: Editora Arte e Ciência, 1997.
As a co-author:
- Bárbaros diversos: coletânea de poesias [Diverse barbarians: a poetry collection]; 1999. Contos de Natal: coletânea; Letras no Brasil II [Christmas tales: collection; Letters in Brazil II]; 1999. .
- Prosas e versos de Natal: coletânea de contos, poesias e crônicas [Christmas prose and verses: collection of tales, poems and chronicles]; 2000.Letras no Brasil II [Letters in Brazil II]; 2000.
- As duas margens de Rio Preto; 2003
As for her academic-administrative career, she has performed the following duties:
High-School Portuguese and Brazilian Literature teacher. Researcher of the UNESP Interdepartment Academic Group – ‘Os Negros: Criação e Representação Literárias' [The Black: literary creation and representation]
- House development analyst at the Urban and Housing Development Company (CDHU).
- Adviser for the dean of the São Paulo State University (UNESP).
- Examiner at Ph.D., Masters' and Qualification Examination panels for the São José do Rio Preto Medical School (FAMERP) and the São Paulo State University (UNESP).
- Examiner at the Portuguese Language and Brazilian Literature examination panel of the São Paulo State University (UNESP) college entrance exams.
- Coordinator and Professor of postgraduate courses at FUNDUNESP.
- Coordinator of the Scientific Department of the Riopreto Psychodrama Institute.
- Undergraduate and postgraduate professor at the São José do Rio Preto Medical School (FAMERP).
- Psychologist of the FAMERP/HOSPITAL DE BASE DE SÃO JOSÉ DO RIO PRETO/Medical Student Services Department.
- Member of the following writing technical committees:
- Writing and Documentation Committee of the FAMERP Graduation Internal Seminar. São José do Rio Preto, São José do Rio Preto.
- Selection committee of the papers presented at the "Jornada Interna de Psicodrama" at the Riopreto Psychodrama Institute.
She currently works as a private-practice clinical psychologist, and writes essays, chronicles, poems and columns for the Newspaper, 'Diário da Região,' in São José do Rio Preto.